The School Day
The school operates a ‘soft start’ approach to the beginning of each school day which allows us offer a gradual start to the school day ensuring families can safely drop off their children outside their classrooms.
The school gates will open at 8.45 am and from this time families are able to arrive at school and walk children to their classrooms to drop them off. The children are encouraged to go directly into their classrooms when they arrive, where their teacher is available to welcome and supervise them. The school day will begin promptly at 9am with the registers closing at 9.05. The school gates close at 9am, if you arrive after this time please go to the main school entrance where a member of the office team will welcome your child and ensure they get to their classroom.
At the end of the school day, the school gates will open at 3.10 and from this time families are able to arrive at school and wait in the playground outside the children’s classrooms. The school day will finish at 3.15 with children being dismissed from their classrooms. The school gates will close at 3.25.
Normal School Day
8.45am Children start arriving at school and go straight into class
9.00am School day starts and the register is taken
9.05am Registers close
10.10am Morning Playtime (20 mins)
12.00pm Lunchtime (1 hour)
3.15pm School day ends and children are dismissed from their classes
To ensure everyone’s continued safety, we ask the families to adhere to the following:
- Parents are asked to ensure that they socially distance at all times whilst on site
- We strongly promote the use of face masks for all adults on site at collection and drop off
- Please minimise your time on site, only staying long enough to drop off and collect
- Make use of both entrances and exits
- Please ensure children are not using the outdoor equipment
- The French’s Road entrance will continue to be split, please observe the separate entrance and exit walkways
All pedestrian entrances to the St Luke’s CofE Primary School are locked between 09.00am and 3:25pm. During this time, access is by the school office via the main entrance only.